2006 Victorian Paintball Safety Course*

Paintball markers are now treated as firearms in Australia and as such you need a licence to own them. From sometime in the 1980’s  you needed a category A firearms license in Victoria but this was changed in around 2005 – 6 to a separate  paintball licence.

To get a paintball licence you must first pass a safety course. I made this video as an aid to the paintball safety courses I was running way back in 2006. The paintball safety course was based on the firearms safety course of the time so some of the questions seemed a bit irrelevant for paintball. The law has changed a bit since then but the old school play shown  in the video is still quite interesting .